- Early Intervention
- ESY (Extended School Year)
- Due Process Hearings & Appeals
- Compensatory Education
- Tuition Reimbursement
When your child is first diagnosed with a disability, or is having problems in school that you suspect are caused by a disability, it is often hard to know where to turn. How can you get what your child needs? How can you even know what your child needs? The law gives you rights, and remedies, but how can you get the school system to listen to you and to work with you and your child?
Special education law is a highly complex area, requiring not only extensive knowledge of state and federal law and regulations in multiple service delivery systems, but also an understanding of effective practices in education and related therapies. Very few attorneys concentrate their practices on this vital area for families and kids.
Special education is by far our largest practice area. We have concentrated our practice on special education law for more than 35 years. We have the breadth and depth of knowledge and experience necessary to get the results you need. We work with and for children with all kinds of disabilities, including but not limited to autism, hearing impairment, vision impairment, cognitive intellectual impairment (mental retardation), learning disability, brain injury, emotional disturbance, physical disability, ADD/ADHD, diabetes, seizure disorder and allergies.
Our experienced professionals, attorneys and advocates, can help you with the complete range of special education issues, including
- Early Intervention services, both for children from birth through age three and for children transitioning to early intervention IEPs at age three
- School evaluations and independent evaluations
- IEP development and attendance at multidisciplinary team meetings and IEP meetings
- Development of effective plans for transition to adult life
- Extended school year
- Preparation for mediation, and advocacy support at mediation
- Resolution meetings
- Due process hearings
- Representation in state and federal court
- Compensatory education
- Tuition reimbursement
- Private school services
- School discipline
- Section 504 plans
- Access to extracurricular activities
We look forward to working with you.