The Law Offices of Caryl Andrea Oberman LLC

Are you coming in to see us?
  • Print Print this page
  • Share

My child is in a private school. Do I have any rights?

Yes, but they vary depending on the circumstances. Students with disabilities placed in private schools by their districts have all the same rights that public school students have. Those placed by their parents have the right to dual enrollment in the public schools to receive special educations services, and to services accessed through the private schools under a state law that provides funding for some kinds of support . You have the right to ask your district to evaluate your child for special education services even if your child attends private school. You do not have to agree to place your child in public school in order to get that evaluation.

This site is intended to be used only for informational purposes. Neither this website, nor the contents of the website, are intended to be nor should be construed as legal advice. Neither access of this website nor receipt of information from this site will create an attorney-client relationship nor is it intended to do so. Any communication with or information sent to The Law Offices of Caryl Andrea Oberman or any of our attorneys by e-mail from this website shall not be deemed to create an attorney-client relationship.

The Law Offices of Caryl Andrea Oberman LLC
705 Easton Road
Willow Grove, PA 19090
P (215) 830-5025 | F (215) 830-5027